Welcome to Lanarkshire Deaf Club (LDC)
Lanarkshire Deaf Club is about local Deaf people running their own local facilities and activities.
BSL Scotland Act 2015
The BSL (Scotland) Act 2015 was passed in the Scottish Parliament on Thursday 17th September 2015 and received Royal Assent from the Queen on 22nd October 2015.
The BSL (Scotland) Act puts a duty on Scottish Ministers to promote the use and understanding of British Sign Language (BSL) and requires Scottish Ministers to prepare and publish BSL national plans. The first national plan must be published by October 2017.
After the first National Plan has been published in October 2017, other public bodies such as local councils, health boards and other public bodies, and universities and colleges – will have to publish their “authority” plans by October 2018. These plans should follow the lead taken by the Scottish Government on the National Plan and use a similar template.
What this means for you – this means that services will need to be accessible for BSL users within the community.
- Lanarkshire Deaf Club provides British Sign Language Training for individuals, schools and businesses.
- Please get in contact for further information on the training courses we provide.
Drop In Service
- To offer communication support with letters, phonecalls etc. Service will be running from our office Monday – Friday. Our communication support worker is qualified to Professional Development Award (SCQF 8) in British Sign Language and has qualifications in using Deafblind Manual. She also has experience of using hands-on signing.
Deaf Social Club
- Meet at Daisy Park Community Center
- Saturday 7pm – 11pm
- Hearing and Deaf children are welcome
- Fun and Games
- Children’s Activities
- Lots of Laughs and Chat
- Deaf, Deafblind and other Disabilities are welcome
Children and Young People
- Our service for deaf children and young people aim to give them the best possible start in life.
- We offer a range of support, including social skills and preparation for employment.
- Family Group – Playgroup for families with deaf members – Every Friday 10am-1pm
- Our Youth club runs on a regular basis and provides lots of fun activities you children age 8-17 years old
- Social Skills Training
- Activities – pool table, darts, football and bingo
- Recreation, Leisure, and Sporting Activities
- Football Training
- Befriending, Fun Games
- School Leaver Courses
- Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire (VANL)
- North Lanarkshire Disability Forum
- North Lanarkshire Deaf Forum
- British Sign Language
- Improving Communication with Deaf People & Volunteering
- Deaf Awareness Training
Approved Centre: 3023443
- British Sign Language (SCQF 4)
LDC Ladies Night – Can now PAY at the door on the night as we have extra tickets! 😁 Welcome everyone – Welcome non members and hearing people too! Who’s coming?! 😁
Children’s Event – Back to School and Fun Sport Day is on Saturday 25th August 2018, 2pm till 5pm. The children can dress up in school uniforms and play fun and games, art n craft and sport fun. Only £1 per child and its held at Lanarkshire Deaf Club. Come along and join us!
Youth Club is on Friday 3rd August at 7pm-10pm. Age 7-18 yrs old. Its only cost £1 per child. Your child can bring a friend.
We run LDC Youth Club fortnightly/monthly and have a large number of youth age range from 8-18yrs old. We have booked a youth activities weekend in Blairvadah next year in June which cost £6,000 for 36 children. Please help donate or even share the link on social media to make this weekend memorable for the […]