Welcome to Lanarkshire Deaf Club SCIO (LDC)
Lanarkshire Deaf Club is about local Deaf people running their own local facilities and activities.
On 1st September 2018 Lanarkshire Deaf Club (SC36628) changed its charitable status and name to Lanarkshire Deaf Club SCIO (SC048560).
Our Weekly Timetable
Click on the timetable to view
Children and Young People
- Our service for deaf children and young people aim to give them the best possible start in life.
- We offer a range of support, including social skills and preparation for employment.
- Family Group – Playgroup for families with deaf members – Every Friday 10am-1pm
- Our Youth club runs on a regular basis and provides lots of fun activities you children age 8-17 years old
- Social Skills Training
- Activities – pool table, darts, football and bingo
- Recreation, Leisure, and Sporting Activities
- Football Training
- Befriending, Fun Games
- School Leaver Courses
Deaf Social Club
- Meet at Daisy Park Community Centre
- Saturday 7pm – 11pm
- Hearing and Deaf children are welcome
- Fun and Games
- Children’s Activities
- Lots of Laughs and Chat
- Deaf, Deafblind and other Disabilities are welcome
Drop In Service
- To offer communication support with letters, phonecalls etc. Service will be running from our office Monday – Friday. Our communication support worker is qualified to Professional Development Award (SCQF 8) in British Sign Language and has qualifications in using Deafblind Manual. She also has experience of using hands-on signing
BSL Scotland Act 2015
The BSL (Scotland) Act 2015 was passed in the Scottish Parliament on Thursday 17th September 2015 and received Royal Assent from the Queen on 22nd October 2015.
The BSL (Scotland) Act 2015 puts a duty on Scottish Ministers to promote the use and understanding of British Sign Language (BSL) and requires Scottish Ministers to prepare and publish BSL national plans. The first national plan must be published by October 2017.
Information about the National BSL Plan
Information about the Local BSL Plan
What this means for you – this means that services will need to be accessible for BSL users within the community.
- Lanarkshire Deaf Club provides British Sign Language Training for individuals, schools and businesses.
- Please get in contact for further information on the training courses we provide.
- British Sign Language
- Improving Communication with Deaf People & Volunteering
- Deaf Awareness Training
Approved Centre: 3023443
- British Sign Language (SCQF 4)
Competition time for the children – Valentines Art & Craft – Deadline Monday 15th February 2021.
Youth Club Zoom Night – Saturday Night 7-9pm for the deaf group and Friday 7-9pm for the hearing children, child of deaf adult (CODA) or who sibling are deaf.
We had 5 Children’s Competition throughout the pandemic in 2020 which are Easter Competition, NHS/Rainbow Art Competition, Summer Photo Competition, Halloween Best Dressed Competition and Christmas Photo Competition. We had over 70 children that entered and into three age groups. We had lots of fantastic pictures which made it harder for the judge. Here’s are […]
LDC only had 3 children’s events in 2020 before the deaf club closed due to Covid19. In January we had a PJ day which included pampering, face mask, feet massage, painting nails. We also had a pillow fights, some fun games before settled down to watch movies with our blankets and pillows. In February, we […]